Ylläs MTB 2021
Due to ongoing coronavirus epidemic, the event for the year 2020 has been moved to 2021. We are sorry for the inconvenience. We’ll add more information on the next year’s event at a later date.
Welcome to Ylläs MTB 2021 event as a competitor or a spectator. The second annual mountain biking event will be held on 2021 in Ylläs.
The event features a demanding long and a lighter short race route, both of which are 100% mountain biking! Race trails run through diverse terrain and stunning scenery, partly in Pallas-Yllästunturi National Park. Routes will be technically and physically challenging, but also fast paced with long downhill sections.
Next year the event will be open for 200 riders.
Series for the competition
- Long route: men / women, XC / Fatbike
- Short route: men / women, XC / Fatbike / E-bike
- Fully charged mobile phone must be carried in case of an emergency.
- Wearing a helmet is mandatory.
- The electronic bikes must be street legal by the Finnish law.
- Carrying a toolkit / spare parts for your own bike is strongly recommended.
- A competitor who does not complete the whole route is marked with DNF.
- Everyone is required to help other competitors in a case of an accident.
- Competitors must take care of their own insurances.
- Littering is strictly forbidden; penalties can include time penalties or dismissal from race.
- Participants must follow the instructions given to them by the organizers.
Getting to Ylläs
Ylläs is located 150 km north of the Arctic Circle in Finnish Lapland, in Scandinavia. The Ylläs area consists of two original Lappish villages.
Äkäslompolo village is located on the northern side of the Ylläs Fell and Ylläsjärvi village on the southern side. The Scenery road (Maisematie) connects the two villages.
For details on different means of travel, see the ylläs.fi website.